Enlarged nodes for over a year, please give me some advice...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I an a 22yr old male and my story begins back in September 2016 i had some sort of virus/infection and my throat was inflammed and sore and spotty. Had a high fever and night sweats enlarged glands in my neck body aches and oains and just the works.. went to the dr and was told it looked like i had glandular fever due to the symptoms aswell as the dr feeling my abdomen and it being tender she assumed an enlarged liver and spleen. Had some bloods done and everything checked up fine, apparently had glandular fever at some other time in my life so it couldnt be that. Ever since that day i have had enlarged glands in my neck, had some palpable nodes in my groin and my collarbone area.. have had numerous testing done like bloods, ultrasound, FNA of neck nodes, xrays and ct scan aswell as a colonoscopy and endoscopy.. every single test i have had done comes back all clear other than enlarged "reactive" nodes in the neck. All other symptoms are pretty much still with me aswell and im at a loss to what this could be. Its taken its toll on my physical and mental health.. thanks for reading and any advice is appreciated 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.