Enlarged ovary

Posted , 2 users are following.

this is my first post, i don't know how it all works. I'm a bit worried and also confused, and I'm look for some advice. for nearly a year now I've had bad pelvic pain and pressure in my lower right abdomen, I've had painful intercourse for over half a year and random bleeding in-between periods. I'm having trouble expelling my urine and my stomach is now quite bloated. i called the doctors a few months ago, because i was tired of ignoring my symptoms. the doctors requested a transvaginal ultrasound to be done. i had my scan 2 days ago, the sonographer said my right ovary is very enlarged and that i still have fluid that should of drained during ovulation, that looked like little black pockets on the ultrasound. she said that my right ovary should of shrunk back to normal a few weeks ago because i was just on my period when i had my scan. she kept saying its probably because of my period, but I've had this pelvic pressure for almost a year, and also the pain, which means I've had a enlarged ovary for months. i don't know what this means, and i still haven't heard back from my doctor with the results, the sonographer didn't want to say too much. my right side of my stomach feels sore as well, i don't know if that's linked. I'm worried.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ciara, you have done all the right things and had your scan. Dont get too worried about the scan and if you havent heard anything from your doctor within the next week then get in touch with him/her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.