Enlarged Prostate : How I got rid of it in 20 days...

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been diagnosed a couple of years ago with Prostate Enlargement. At 40, that's not great. The weak flow, the dripping, you know the drill. I've been taking medication, which helped quite a lot but the idea of having less control on my prostate at that age was really concerning. Even having intimate relationship was source of concerns, as I had no idea what was going on down there.

And Christmas arrived. Loads of food, loads of drinks, chocolates and wine. Christmas gone, I looked at the mirror to assess the damage. I've always had a DadBod, but that extra week of excess clearly added a few pounds to my belly and love handles.

It's wasn't a 'New Year, New You', it was just a 'Man, you gotta do something'.

So I started by cutting carbs, sugars and alcohol. I've changed my weekly visit to the gym for a cardio/strength training, 4 days a week. And strangely enough, my body was thankful. Never felt better, and the fat was leaving my body fast enough to be noticed.

And one day, I was in a hurry, I forgot to take my medication. I remembered on the way to work, when it was too late. Ok, fine, I'll deal with the leaking and the weak flow for today.

But the leaking didn't happen. The flow was weak, but nothing dramatic.

So I didn't take the medication the day after either.

And I was still OK.

Actually, no, not ok, the flow was growing thicker.

That was 6 days ago. I haven't taken a pill since, and I can see the improvement on daily basis : The sensation of having to force the urine out is almost gone. No dripping. Flow thickening, slightly, but regularly.

I have no idea if it's only the diet, if the cardio helped, or if something happened somewhere else in my body that triggered the improvement (remission?) but I've never felt happier than when I look at the medicine and say to myself 'Don't need it anymore'.

We're the 20th, and I changed my lifestyle on the 1st.

20 days to feel back on tracks.

I have no idea if this will help any of you, who are stuck with the same problem, but it's worth a try, isn't it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good Morning

Yes changing you habits can help a lot with your body. It is okay to cheat one in a while. It is also a good idea to eat some foods that will help with inflammation of the body which would help your prostate.

You can find them on the internet.

Have a good day........Ken

• Posted

My case is different - but I think Diet is very important. I tried an experiment last week - dinner chicken and rice; lunch salad, breakfast avacodo smoothie. Rest of day 1 liter of pomengrate juice and 2 liters of water each day. 4 days and noticed a slight improvement. No alcohol, lots of green tea (with sugar i must say). also masturbated 3 times a day....did this for 4 days in a row. Not sure if it all helped that much but was interesting experience and overall felt good to try something different. Would have done it for 2 weeks in a row but had some travel come up.

• Posted

Forgot to mention it but actually I also found out that ejaculation helped the flow... A good way to relax your prostate, I guess!

• Posted

Eating right and exercising is important for overall health. I've been pretty good at this for most of my life, still got BPH, but I'm 61, so maybe it could have been worse had I not done that.

Tim

• Posted

I know a few guys that had significant BPH symptom improvement when doing Keto diet. Anecdotal I know, maybe the diet, maybe the weight loss, maybe getting in shape maybe all coupled with a better attitude. I hope you continue to see improvement francois38753 please keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.