Enlarged prostates and hairloss

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had enlarged prostate for a number of years now and I also have been losing my hair also for a number of years. After doing some research on male hairloss I see the main drug of promise is Finasteride 1%(Propecia) and Proscar  (Finastride 5 %) for Enlarged prostate. Do most men who have one of the conditions also have the other? How many of you have hair loss and when did it begin as compared to your hair loss. Do all bald men have enlarged prostates also? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

(How many of you have hair loss and when did it begin as compared to your hair loss. ) What I meant to say was Did your hair losss begin about the same time you started having prostate problems.
  • Posted

Hi Mike, I don't think that there is a correlation. I have a full head of hair. Maybe others will know but I can't say it applies to me. 

• Posted

NO!  I have BPH; my brother has prostate cancer; and my father had a TURP for BPH.  We are a family of full heads of hair.  If anything, I would correlate prostate problems with full heads of hair.  I have been on finasteride for 8 months or so and, who knows, maybe my hair is growing a little faster???
  • Posted

Full head of hair here, BPH, TURP and Prostate Ca.

i do not think this condition are related loosing hair at all. Only relation is that Proscar help to regrow the hair and to shrink prostate.

Proscar users shoul multiplayer their PSA by 2 to get real result.

MK

• Posted

Forget about hair loss. These days bald men are in fashion. Better that a study be made of older men who have never had BPH to determine their- life long lifestyle. Perhaps we can learn something. If such a study has already be made why don't we hear about it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.