ENT appt

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all,

I've just had my appointment with an ENT doctor who also specializes in vertigo and general dizziness.

he also suffers with vertigo himself so has an understands what its like.

he diagnosed me with BPPV and persistent postural perceptual dizziness.

it was a consultation over the phone due to the pandemic which lasted 45mins but suggested we had a face to face appointment for an examination etc.. he didn't charge me for the initial phone consultation which was good of him.

glad to be finally diagnosed. if anyone suffers with brain fog, fuzzy head and non vertigo dizziness read about pppd.

if anyone needs his details please let me know.

he was very helpful and said he has a 90% success rate with treating dizziness. he also said a little bit of alcohol could help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Eeerm....Yeah ok. Whilst your Dr could well have struck rich with his diagnosis, anyone boasting 9/10 cats are happy with his treatment for dizziness, his go-to treatment is Drinking (Did he have any other sage advice?) and all off the back of 45mins on the phone?, I'm glad that seemingly no-one has asked for some random strangers contact details to seek their ropey (at best) Medical Advice. I'm sorry if you meant well, In which case my message will come across as pompous, arrogant and mean, for this I'm afraid I can only blame the current disposition of my mental health. Stay safe 😉 Xx

• Posted

firstly i didn't pay for the phone call he said hell rather see me in person and wouldn't charge twice so i got a diagnosis for free. he didn't mention alcohol to me i mentioned it to him. i told him i had a drink and had a good sleep that night which i don't usually have. i didn't have any dizziness and he said yes a little bit of alcohol can help dizziness. not to go out and get drunk it also states this in his website as that's what his patients have also said. he was very positive and thats wat i need. not someone whos doom and gloom

• Posted

I know, yet for some reason I am being very cynical, I do beg your pardon, I should have asked "After diagnosing you with a type of dizziness, what advice did he give you?"

• Posted

that's okay. he mentioned SSRIs as a treatment and retraining the brain with vestibular exercises which he'll go through when i see him. i don't like taking meds but its something i could keep in my back pocket.

he told me not to avoid the triggers so to continue my normal activities and when i mentioned alcohol he said yes continue. told me not to over think things, not to lay on my bad ear and to stop worrying as anxiety will make it worse. he mentioned an exercise for the bppv as i cant do the epley but can't remember the exercises. starts with an S. he said brain fog, fuzzy head, feeling of being on a boat, spaced out feeling all to do with pppd and its treatable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.