ENT doctor

Posted , 5 users are following.

My doctor want to drain my sinus but I don’t want to I don’t know how to tell him I don’t wan t to I rather do it naturally like with hot steam or a neti pot also my throat still hurt after the antibiotics I don’t know if I should I ask to refer me to get a X-ray or a mri or something because he looked in my throat with a endoscope but I don’t need he look to the whole throat what should I do sad

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that and I totally understand your fear. I’m been suffering my sinus problem for my whole life too so I’m not good enough to give you any advice but I just want to wish you good luck and you are not alone. I do think natural therapies can be helpful to some people so I hope it works for you too. All the best. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much 😊  I wish we can find the cure to this sinus because antibiotics don’t even work right now I m taking cefuroxime crossing my finger it work because azithromicyn didn’t the spray didn’t. I don’t know what to do I don’t want to get  surgery sad

• Posted

yes I can only second what, minggio has said I have been suffering for quite some time and I not found anything that has helped me consistently. I just wanted to let u know that u r not alone deal with this ailment. 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that thank you I appreciate it smile we need to keep looking for that treatment for sinus that last no just couple days like the antibiotics have you tried neti pot
    • Posted

I tried pretty much every thing, acupuncture,neti pot, steam , salt caves, antibiotics, ballon plasty, supplements , garlic, herbal teas and allergy shots. the only thing I have stayed away from is surgery.   still searching lol. 
    • Posted

Oh wow so sorry to hear that I m staying away from surgery too I heard it don’t fix the problem either 
    • Posted

yes that is what I heard about surgery do thats why i have stayed away although there r days i wish i can have them pulled out lol. i notice it more upon waking up when everything that has collected while laying down seems to move forward. I also noticed that weather seems to also impact me. my take on this issue is that everybody has a different way of being treated. the bad thing is that the doctors treat everybody the same way across the board. which as  u have seen from the this site does not work.  also let me throw in that I have had  2 CT scans, which did not show any thing, I had  my teeth looked at, even paying money to have an old root canal cleaned out. I went to a neurologist, for the headaches and he stated, he saw nothing on the CT scan that would imply anything wrong with my head r brain, and it was part of the sinus issues. so for now I just continue to do the neti pot at least once a day and continue to remind myself that this is sinusitis.  ocassionally when it gets bad i go to the ENT and i am given a course if prednisone to relieve the inflammation. which is the across the board treatment that i mentioned above. I have started to eat more immune enhancing foods and antibacterial items to see if that can improve matters. also trying to increase my water intake which I read is very important.

just an added note last year I went to costa rica, this ailment did not consume me on a daily basis and my energy level was definitely at a  different level . when I mentioned that to my allergist she mentioned that environmentally costa rica does not have the same problems has america. since I have had this for a awhile I could go on an on, lol.

like I said I know I could not help u, but maybe reading my post u can get something out of it. 

• Posted

Yes I understand what you say said thing said my allergies doctor that a lot people that visited him before moved to their country and they no longer suffering from allergies or non rihinitis allergies I think is all here in America different country everything is different I never had allergies or sinus in my country now That I move to America I do that is really weird to me lol but really hope I find something I can control this sinus sad  have you tried azelastine spray is really good for stuffy nose I was prescribed that
    • Posted

yes this sinus stuff is strange fir me because this has occurred late in my life when I was young I do not recall having allergies r the chronic nasal congestion. I have tried azelastine but I did not like the after taste so my allergist gave me Ipratropium nasal spray instrad  it does not have that bad after taste. 
    • Posted

Yes same for me so weird all this  and doctors don’t even have the answer when I ask them how come when I was little I didn’t have allergies or sinus they don’t know how to answer is probably cause by the environment the Weather or something else that’s one thing I don’t like about azelastine it work great but that taste is horrible really bad I really lot of water after using it lol 
  • Posted

yes I agree I don't think they know especially some of the older doctors. I read that over 30 million people in the US have chronic sinus issues it has surpassed back injuries as the number one reason people miss work r scheduled doctor's  visit. I did read a book call the allergy solution the book was very insightful written by a homeopathic doctor out of NYC. he attributes the rise in this issue to the environment and the western worlds eating habits. I gave the office a call. this doctor does not take medical insurance and wanted $1600 for the visit, and $800 up front and that was just for consultation, that price did not include any test r blood work the doctor may have to perform. so that was way out of my league. so I did not make said appointment. lol. if u get a chance take a look at the book it is actually a good read. ttys

• Posted

yes these sinus problems are very bad i am trying garlic nasal rinse at the minute this nasal drip is driving me crazy, i will have to try natural cures everything else has failed.

• Posted

yes same with me nothing worked i will need to try natural remedies it have to be something out there i keep getting a sore throat on and off my nose always stuffy i woke up with dry throat and mouth from sleeping with it open my ear constantly hurt 😦 ETN DOCtor gave me antibiotics the last 3 years this made everything worse and the nasal spray dont seen to work too good 😦 i will keep looking for a solution i bought a air purifier also will buy a humidifier 😕 i just need something that keep my nose open when i m sleeping like that i wont get headache eye pain or woke up with dry throat also stop the nasal drip because i think this causing the sore throat ;/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.