Enterocele and rectocele surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 5 days out from surgery. I thought I was doing pretty well but yesterday I started getting an intermittent sharp pain in my left side kind of across from my belly button. I hoped it was just gas so I ignored it. Today it is more of a constant dull pain. I am wondering if this location could be related to surgery. I will call on Monday, but in the meantime I am concerned.....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello alice. It could be related to your repair because it's in the region of the bowel that had prolapsed so it could be the sutures. Take your pain relief to try and keep on top of it. Are you having your bowels opened ok?

• Posted

Yes, have been having bowel movements for three days. No problem there. 

What happens if a stitch pulled out?

• Posted

It's unlikely at this early stage a stitch would come out but it is possible. You'd be left with a small area that would take longer to heal and could be sore in that area. Do you think that has happened?

• Posted

So am not sure. Yesterday I went out for a short walk. I stopped to pick a flower, but the stem didn't break easily so I pulled a little harder and then the whole plant came out (have had a lot of rain) and I almost fell backwards. A while after that the pain started.

• Posted

The sutures are strong but obviously you need to be careful. Have you read the Useful Resource on the Genitourinary home page? That gives advice on what you should and shouldn't be doing. The general advice is for the first 2 weeks you should rest as much as possible and no lifting or bending. Between now and Monday rest with your feet up and do absolutely nothing, then see if your pain settles but take your pain medication because as I always say, pain hinders recovery.

• Posted

I have looked for the Useful Resource on the Genitourinary home page. But I can't even find that homepage.

i will continue to rest this weekend and hope for the best. 

Thank you for your input!

• Posted

Go to the top of this page and click on Genitourinary Prolapse and that will take you to the home page and you'll see Useful Resource. Check out the South Tees information as this is really useful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.