Entire right side abdominal flank pain????

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I really hope I can find some answers or information/advise here.  I have been havin stomach problems for almost a year and a. It now. It started off with pain and burning around the diaphragm area and a feeling of dullness in the pit of my stomach. Could not tolerate many foods. Was referred to a gastroenterologist and a scope was done.  Was diagnosed with H.pylori bacteria and hiatus hernia. I was treated and for a while I felt a little better. Not to long after I started having pain again and bloating etc and pain on right side flank. First I was told it was colitis then I was told it's IBS. I'm at my wits end. The right side abdominal flank pain is getting progressively worse. It feels almost like a pulling/stretching or poking under the skin, kinda internally. It is really freaking me out. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? I would appreciate any input. Thank you  

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Wish I could get/give a cogent response,

My issues, r side primarily, abdomen feels bloated, started with urinary issues, strange pain sort of sensation, R lower quadrant, have had every test known, all OK; thinking abdominal adhesions, but surgeon does not want to do the procedure. WHAT NEXT? ?

• Posted

Mine is also right lower, but I always put that down to my fibroid as apendicitis was ruled out.  So I have been assuming the lower right pain is unrelated to the pain going from there  upward. Who knows what's next. Just so sick of not knowing. Want a definitive answer. 

• Posted

H pylori...I'm guessing your of the female persuasion...you mentioned "fibroids, so.....but the pylori thing, what's that, also girl related? Thx.

• Posted

Has your doc not checked you for it?  I had a endoscopy done and a biopsy showed I had it. 
  • Posted

I would get tested for h pylori again which can be resistant to antibiotics or can go away and then cone back again.
    • Posted

Have thought about that. I have an appointment with my gastroenterologist on Thursday, so will mention that. Thanks for the reply 
    • Posted

Fingers crossed. Although have to say....I just lose faith in doctors sometimes. 
    • Posted

I lost faith in doctors after three and a half months of no diagnosis.  Eventually, I found a doctor who recognised my symptoms as IBS.
    • Posted

I have also been diagnosed with IBS, but I sometimes think it is a cop out blanket diagnosis when they are having trouble making a diagnosis. Synical I know...but that is how despondent I have become. 
    • Posted

IBS is a genuine diagnosis.  Tey to accept your IBS and you will be bettwr able to cope with it.  I accepted my IBS once I was diagnosed and my symptoms dramatically improved.
  • Posted

So, ANYONE; I do understand the complications with doing a surgery to remove abdominal adhesions, but I was under the impression that (because the abdomen needs to be expanded for the procedure) there was "a better method " than just pumping air in; anyone know

specifically to what I am referencing? Thanks much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.