ENTITLEMENTS TO HAVING MY DAUGHTER FOR SIX WEEKS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a father split up from the mother of my child. Ive got my daughter for six weeks am I entitled to anything???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you pay maintence via the CSA? if so you may get a reduction for having her if it meets their criteria ( sorry you would need to google what the nights per week is the threshold for a reduction) 

But to actually 'get something' no. But I'm sure having her will be great for you and for her. Enjoy it. 

• Posted

Step 6 - shared care

This is when a paying parent’s child stays overnight with them.

In these cases, the Child Maintenance Service makes a deduction to the weekly child maintenance amount based on the average number of ‘shared care’ nights a week.

The ‘paying parent’ is the parent who doesn’t have main day-to-day care of the child. The ‘receiving parent’ is the parent with main day-to-day care of the child.

• Posted

For 6 weeks you wouldn't be entitled to any benefits i'm afraid. I#m fairly certain the 6 weeks wouldn't come under the shared care either. It's more of a case of talking to the mother of your daughter to ask her to contribute to her keep for the weeks she's with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.