Eosinophils

Posted , 3 users are following.

A recent blood test had two measurements for eosinophis:

Eosinophils  11 H   (reference range 0-7)  units: %

Absolute Eosinophils 0.4 (reference range 0.0 - 0.7) units K/uL

What is the significance of these measurements.  How do they differ.  Why is one apparently OK and the other (11H) too high.

Additional information:  My WBC was 3.6L and I had total knee replacement surgery seven weeks ago.

Thanks for any help and information

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your esophils are high because your white blood cell count is low.. your body makes more of your other types of white blood cells to help keep your total white blood cell count in a more normal range.  So.. in other words.. your body is doing what it is suppose to.  As for the Abs esophile count.. the total is done with the WBC count in consideration.  The Abs. esophile count is the important one and the one that matters.  You can ignore the other one, as I'm not sure why they even use them anymore, as they made it easier for doctors with the Abs numbers where the doctors don't have to do all the calculations themselves.  As for your low WBC... it's fine, as it wouldn't even be considered low with most lab ranges.  But.. I would do a repeat blood work in 2 months or so to make sure that it does not keep going lower.  Otherwise.. all looks good.

• Posted

Thank you for your very informed, helpful, and reassuring explaination.
  • Posted

Dear GLee

The different in between providing you the indication of distinction in Eosinophils level of positive or no harms microorganisms to the harms one which in your case it is accord as part of the body function responses to the Knee replacement.

Reduce the amount of consuming lactic acid will improve your results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.