Ephedra use for fatigue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Before I got medical insurance and started seeing doctors 9 years ago I used ephedra so I could keep up house, care for my daughter and do my job. I now wonder if the ephedra is having long term effects. anyone else?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shesa, definetely ephedra would be highly detrimental in the long term as it is a stimulant, and this will ware down the adrenals which i'm sure are already less than optimal if you have fatigue. I have had CFS 15 months. You might want to see a good traditional chinese doctor to get on a course of herbs for kidneys etc

That's where i am heading.

• Posted

yeah after reading a lot lately I do think I have adrenal dysfunction. the doctors put me on Provigil and now I'm on ritilin for my fatigue. i've had it for as far back as i can remember
    • Posted

Hmm, how is the ritalin working out ? How much do you take ? They're has just been a trial completed in the U.S called the synergy trial for CFS and it is using low dose rotalin with mitochondrial nutrients. Apparently the preliminary results are very good. There are lots of adrenal supportive herbs you could try.
    • Posted

I am on 20mg 3 times a day. I find it much better than the provigil and unlike adderall i can not take it for a cpl days with no withdrawal. she put me on adderall first but i asked to be changed cos every morning i woke with withdrawal symtoms as if i'd been off for 24 hours or more. i would like to be freee from all stimulants meds. tho
    • Posted

when i was taking te ephedra it was an evil cycle, first day takee one, nxt day need 2 to get same effect and so on
  • Posted

Hi Shesa, I think you are extremely lucky to get ritalin.  I presume this was from your private doctor through your insurance.  I would happily come off all my pain meds and put up with the pain because it is the fatigue that has ruined my life.  I put a post up here a few weeks ago asking if anybody was prescribed stimulants for CFS and got shot down in flames!  I am looking in to how much it would cost me to see a private doctor even if I have to cash in my pension.  I have already had to leave my work because I just couldn't think straight and I needed my brain for my job.  If you are getting it from your GP can you send me a private message to let me know please. Thanks very much.
    • Posted

Hi Christine, i have debilitating CFS 15 months. I've discussed the SYNERGY TRIAL with him, currently underway in the U.S, it is an FDA approved double blind placebo controlled trial using low dose ritalin and mitochondrial nutrients for CFS. Initial findings are extremely positive, especialyl in reducing fatigue and aiding concentration. My GP is extremely supportive of this and when the full results are released next month, if positive he says it would be likely i would be able to get the low dose ritalin to use for my CFS. Please research the synergy trial and watch youtube video presentation by Dr.Jon Kaiser. Take this to your GP. Thanks and good luck !
    • Posted

i am from the states christine so im guessing its different there
  • Posted

christine, i hope you will post here what you sent me in a message. it should be seen.
    • Posted

It was what her doctor said to her that showed his ignorance. Up to her to share.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.