Epididymal cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi can a doctor tell by physical examination of the testicle that the lump on my right testicle is not a cancerous lump? He said the lump felt fluidly and said the lump didn't felt like it was attached to the testicle. He still sent me to have a scan done but I also suffer with a bad anxiety disorder and it's causing me really bad stress. He didn't see to concerned about it. Anyone can help me please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

To answer your question, yes a doctor can made a very accurate diagnosis from a physical examination. From what I've been told a cyst and something sinister feel very different, so 'easy' for them to tell the difference.

I've been through what's happening to you right now and totally understand the stress involved. I was a mess, totally convinced something bad was happening.

I still wasn't 100% happy even after the examination and I reckon my doc picked up on this so sent me for the scan. It's possibly why you've been sent for one as well.

I know a couple of guys who have just had a physical exam, been told what the problem is and it's been left at that, so not everyone gets a scan.

But don't let this worry you, I'm sure it's because of your anxiety about it that the doc has sent you, or you caught them in a good mood!

Reading your post, have you had the scan or are you waiting to have it done?

• Posted

Hi mate thanks for replying am in a total mess over this!

Am currently waiting on a ultrasound scan date which will come in the post. Doctor said he pretty confident its a epididymal cyst cos of the way it felt and he said it didn't feel attached to the testicle. I googled what he said I had and it said that a epididymal cyst doesn't cause any symptoms but last couple of days my nuts ache like I've been kicked there and a uncomfortable groin. Convinced myself it's the worst

• Posted

Being where it is I think it's one of those things that some people get one type of pain and others get nothing like it. There's loads of nerves and stuff down there!

Personally I had syptoms much like you describe, as well as a heavy sensation, general pain and feeling really uncomfortable. Mind you they were pretty big after a while.

So I wouldn't worry too much Kevin, it does sound like cysts and the scan will let you know 100% so hopefully it comes through soon.

I'm just a patient, not a doctor sadly, and I know it's a very worrying thing to have, but if I can help in any other way feel free to ask. 

cheers,

Paul

• Posted

You reckon a doctor would no by just feeling the lump through examination? My mind is all over the place! Just feel uncomfortable down there and bad lower back (I've had that for ages) think that's down to my anxiety disorder where I get so tensed up. I rung up the hospital today to see when I be seen and they said up to 6 weeks as doctor put it down as a routine checkup! Just scares me that could be 6 weeks of cancer growing. Sorry putting it on you am just all over the place! On google every 5mins

• Posted

Honestly mate, put google down ;-)

You sound EXACTLY like I was when I was going through it so I know where you're coming from. And I know it's not a fun time.

Yes, I really do think the doc can tell the difference. I was told they are two very different feeling things.

I'm not going to lie and say they 100% know, but especially as your scan is down as routine the doc is pretty certain.

If there was any doubt it would be within a couple of weeks.

It sucks to wait and it doesn't help when you're worried, but try to forget it as much as you can. It really will help to find something to take your mind off it

Sorry to rush the reply a bit, just off out. If there's anything else, just ask mate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.