epididymal cysts on testicle

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Has anyone here been diagnosed with small epididymal cysts, do they cause you pain?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Anyone?

• Posted

cysts are not normally supposed to cause pain in the event they do they are supposed to be removed surgically

• Posted

Thanks, Its knowing whether the pain I get is from the two small cysts I have, or from the varicoceles? The problem is, there is no test to determine which is at fault.

I'm booked in to have the varicoceles treated, but something tells me its my epididymis at fault due to the two epydidymal cysts.

• Posted

ye thats a tricky one u wouldnt know until u have had those treated as to which it is causing the pain usually when cysts start to cause pain its because they are pressing on this etc so u would have to look into that option if thats the case

• Posted

pressing on things i meat to say

• Posted

I guess the tale tale sign is the fact the trigger point is the top of my testicle, the head of the epididymis just where the two cysts are. That is where the pain hurts most and is the trigger point, I'm not sure how varicoceles cause pain at top of testicle, and how can they make this area be the trigger point to pain?

• Posted

Hi again, I think I may have answered my own question, reading up on the epididymis seems to explain that blood flows to and from the epididymis. I guess having varicoceles means I have a blood flow drainage problem in my testes, hence the pain. I'm just not sure if the cysts are playing a part in all this, but I can tell you one thing for sure, the pain is excruciating, debilitating.

• Posted

u should see advice from your doctor if the pain is intense or visit your local hospital

• Posted

I have 4mm cyst in but also have varioceles. Hard to know which issue is causing the pain or if one issue is causing the other. Will be having surgery next month.

Drs always told me it should not be a problem, even though it is. Maybe it depends on location and size or if compressing a nerve?? (don't know, not a dr).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.