Epididymitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had dull pain and discomfort around my left testicle since March this year and I haven't had any sexual contact since 2014.

I have gone to my GP who requested an ultrasound, blood test and urine test. I had 2 seperate courses of antibiotics. Results of the tests came back as clear.

Saw Urologist last week who examined me and read my referral from my GP and diagnosed that I have Epididymitis. My GP prescribed Amitriptyline which has taken the edge off the discomfort and pain. I also take solphadine as when necessary if the Epididymitis flares up.

Can anyone give me some other tips on coping with this condition?

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. I have been battling this for 2+ years now and have implemented a number of things to help cope.

1. compression shorts - keep area up and out of the way so not irritated. Although there are times when wearing nothing is the best.
    2. "relaxed fit" pants and larger waist. - to avoid any pressure points
    3. ice - I carry a cooler of ice where ever I go, especially at work and while driving
    4. heating pads
    5. warm baths
    6. seat cushion - I have a custom seat cushion that is cut out in the front so that "the boys" do not touch the seat.
    7. limit physical activity or anything that aggravates it.
    8. stretching and maybe PT.
    9. pain meds, although have had little success with these, even at high doses.
    10. driving a different car that is more ergonomic.
    11. Avoid too much sitting. Sit in reclining position to put pressure elsewhere.

With all of the above, it has taken A LOT of trial and error finding what best works for the situation, especially clothing and types of seat cushions. At my worst moments could not drive to work or even walk a 1/4 mile. Almost a year later, I can walk about 1 mile, but may require laying down and icing. It has been hell! Have also been through a list of doctors who misdiagnosed me and/or could not help me, but looking to have surgery soon.

Check out the other discussions in this forum.

Have you had ultrasound and/or MRI?

Good luck!

• Posted

I did have an ultrasound which came back normal. Urologist said I have Epididymitis. Last month my GP has prescribed Amitriptyline which has taken the edge off the discomfort and pain. Seeing GP on Friday afternoon.

• Posted

Hi

ive been feeling a slight ache in my testicle from august it went away around December i went to the doctor and they said it was nothing as it started to happen when I was hit with a football I think. It's now come back a round a week ago and now I have a feeling that I need to urinate more, I'm pretty sure it's not cancer but I would just like to be sure if anyone has any answer that would be great

• Posted

There could be an underlying issue. It does seem like it could be an infection of the prostate. If ejaculation hurts and is painful then it could be infection, but its best to check with your doctor, for remedies and options on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.