Epididymitis and urine tests questions/concerns

Posted , 6 users are following.

I (23M) have had lower abdominal / testicular pain and soreness for over a year now. When it first started happening I visited a walk-in clinic doctor who physically checked my testicles and abdominal area. I was sent for an abdominal ultrasound and did a urine test. The doctor said if nothing was found in the ultrasound I would have to go on in for a colonoscopy.

I was reluctant to do so right away so I visited my family doctor who also checked my testicles and made me do another urine test. I was sent for another ultrasound this time for my groin area. Nothing was found again. I was sent home with the simple advice to "loosen my belt".

I thought the pain would eventually go away if I wore looser clothing and didn't wear a belt for a while. Recently, I acquired a new sex partner (21F) and thus began sexually active again (after a 3/4 month break). I noticed that I couldn't stay erect because of the pain from my testicle mixed with the anxiety of feeling like something is still wrong with it. I haven't been able to get a full erection (even during masturbation) for 2 weeks now.

At this point I got extremely concerned so i visited another walk-in clinic doctor who immediately told me after feeling my left testicle that it is almost certainly Epididymitis. I am now taking advil twice a day and was advised not to masturbate or have sex for 2 weeks after which if the pain does not stop I am to take antibiotics for a week. I am going in tomorrow to do a 3rd urine test for this to check for STD's. This doctor told me that it is most likely because I have Gonorrhea or Chlamydia which caused the Epididymitis.

Now, I am mainly concerned because I have had this pain for such a long time that serious complications can result from it being untreated.

My main questions are the following: In the previous urine tests I did while experiencing this condition, was my urine automatically tested for STD's? If so, is it the doctors obligation to tell me if I tested positive for any STD's?

Also, any other information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had pain in mine since i was about 30 years old i am now 59 had loads of ultra sounds and scans and got told i have Epididymitis and i also got a Epididymitis cyst about 2 years ago.

But that never stopped me getting an erection, and only thing that has is my enlarged prostate.

So i think it's nothing and the erection problem could just be from worry ?

PS they say you can never get rid of Epididymitis

• Posted

Hi

Nothing automatic in any thing. They do only when doctor writes for and they get paid from government if public system exists. Specific tests of urine and blood are required to check stds and hiv.

Perfect treatment by antibiotics are available by experienced doctors. For example if an atibiotic. be given in low dos age or for insufficient period then it might not work. If someone already infected his or her partner then this issue is ongoing( if protected all the times then ok) in this case both will be tested and treated accordingly.

• Posted

look into Mgen its really hard sti to detect in tests

• Posted

STI tests are different. Normal urine test in clinic won't show STI infection of chlamydia/gonorhea. So you need to take particular test to rule out. Do you have inflammation or tenderness in rear testicle? Epididymitis do have those symptoms. Proper taking of antibiotics is very important so that you will cure soon. wrong antibiotic treatment may lead bacterias resistant to the drug or make side effects rarely. hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.