epidural

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey..so 8 monthd ago i had an epidural giving birth to my son...is it possible that i cud still have slight numbness in legs sometimes and backache xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachl, I think you had probably go back and see your doctor and explain your symptoms to him/her!. I to had an Epidural 7 1/2 years ago with my youngest child and I went through hell with the operation like I could literally feel all the pulling etc at what the surgeon was doing he was a massive guy with bloody massive hands I cried all the way through my epidural was bloody awful. I didn't get any of your symptoms But like-wise my period pains went from bit of pain/ but extreme pain ( espicially my lower back) even now the pain is still there when my period starts. Sorry carnt help any more than that !!!!. 
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, where do you live?  I have had a similar experience.
  • Posted

It could be sicatica nerve pain that runs down your leg, it cause numbness on leg, and feet. 
  • Posted

Hi (again) re -read my post to you, where in your back do u get the pain.? Mine is the lower end. I did go back to my GP and remember been fobbed off with pathectic excuses. So I called to Boots and had a chat with the pharmacist. She was brilliant and recommended  a strong painkiller and it did work. Adviesed to go back if the pain got any worse!, if I remember the lower back period pains can become worse. Explain to your GP you may get some pain relie BUT please see them there is nothing worse than pain espicially with a child! Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel I had my first son 28 years ago now and I do remember having a numb leg for quite a while after almost like I was dragging it about. However it soon cleared up but to be on the safe side I recommend you go see your doctor to see if he/she can help at all. Good luck to you and I hope it soon clears up.xx
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

I had an epidural with my 2nd child and I experienced numbness In the back of my leg for 6 to 12 months afterwards. Doctor said it was slight nerve damage and it would take a while to go away, which it did. I have heard of other women complaining of backache after epidurals.

Definitely see your doctor to get his opinion and rule out any other issues.

Take care

• Posted

Yes. I had to have 2 epidurals with my son. Back pain was so horrible for a year after. And numbness in legs as well. It'll pass, promise
  • Posted

Thanks so much guys...i had spoken to the doctor about this and he said its anxiety but now hearing from you guys has put mind at ease a little bit..xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.