Epigastric Abdominal dull/ discomfort

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive recently been diagnosed with gastritis/ EoE. I have has stomach issues for a long time now . . But recently just got insurance, so was able to get diagnosed properly.. NOT sure im on the correct forum. But need to vent somehow.. I originally went to get medical help because i had trouble getting my food down/ swallowing. I have had 2 endoscopies in a 6 month period. EoE getting better(less number of eosinaphils) SWALLOWING has improved . I did have severe throat tension, as if someone was choking me all day. BUT that has gone away after using steriod inhaler for 3 months. BUT I have a very hard time sleeping, due to this annoying dull/ discomfort in my esophagus. located in the center of my chest, directly behind my xyphiod process. I frequently have the feeling during the day as well. And is somewhat relieved once i eat...

Ive tried black seed oil, Cbd oil, THC CAPSULES, and am currently on protonix. AND just finished 3 month cycle of steriod HFA inhaler (swallowed)

At one point the feeling in my stomach got better with the use of inhaler/ ORTHO molecular : GLUTA SHIELD. But the discomfort remains came back. and actually got worse when taking the inhaler.

I found a 10 day gut repair online. With the use of zinlori 75, and Endefen. I ordered that can will try to see if that helps .

Ive recently applied for disability. Because i have no been able to work for the last year or so...

ANY advice would helpful.

What could be the problem here? Acid damaging already damaged tissue? Or a stricture causing discomfort?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see what foods are irritating your stomach? Try eating bland foods - nothing spicy, rich or fatty. Have you seen your doctor for a change of medication since the inhaler was irritating your stomach? Sometimes, medications can be effective for a while and then stop working. Your symptoms sound like gastritis which you have been diagnosed with. Gastritis can keep coming back because of stress or food triggers; it can take time time to get under control. Since you are not feeling better, go back to your doctor.

• Posted

I went to my GI doctor today. They wanted me to continue inhaler. Even after telling them the inhaler makes the discomfort even worse . . They would not discuss the natural supplements / the supplements that ive been using that WORK.

So im getting a referral for a functional medicine doctor . .

The GI DOCTOR has helped significantly

But the remaining damage will take time to heal.

• Posted

i have e.o.e, its annoying to deal with especially since my eoe causes me to throw up for hours and keeps me in extreme pain. doctors put me on a pill that relaxes my muscles and that helps but ehat truly helped was being put on a diet" where i take out everything that could cause me to have an allergic reaction , eggs shellfish gluten soy nuts and dairy. turns out eggs gluten and soy cause my eoe to flair up so eleminating those completely has helped so much!!! i hardly have to use my pills and i did drink dairy the other day and my throat is still swollen and sore but its not as bad as it has been before.

• Posted

Wow. That sounds terrible.. GOD bless you. The EOE seems to have gotten better for me. After taking protonix , and inhaler . But now i have an annoying discomfort in my chest randomly throughout the day.. I believe its where my stomach meets the esophagus. Its probably damaged..

Time, and supplements hopefully can heal it for the most part..

But its hard to work , and live life in the mean time.

I do not have alot of medical evidence, so disability is difficult for me to get..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.