epilepsy

Posted , 12 users are following.

My daughter is nearly 18 yrs old and was diagnosed with epilepsy since the age of 8...everything was managable up until nov 06 having been practically seizure free for the last two years (2 seizures in 2 years). My daughter has had more grand mal seizures in the last 5 months than since being diagnosed. The only difference that i have noticed is that she has put on about 2-3 stone in this short period. She is currently taking 1200mg epilim chrono, 400mg lamotrogine and has now been told to take 500mg keppra daily - to be increased to 1000mg over the coming weeks. i don't think her consultant is really looking at her situation...this poor girl suffers from bad memory, lack of confidence and as a result has suffered terrible bullying at her secondary school, she has learning difficulties and now is spending her teenage years asleep...does anyone know or have any experience in this amount of medication....i need some advice x

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes my dear. I do. I was on epilium for some time and god it made put on weight. I was very unhappy and lost all confidence in myself

When I got tranferred to the national hospital for neurology and neurosurgery the neurologist there took me off it and put me on TOPUROMATE. I was much happier

The weight came off I was more alert self confidence restored. Ì could do more. From a size 14 straight down to a size 6 over a period of months.

If the epilium is not controlling her fits ask to get ìt changed. But if it ìs controlling then dont

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.