EpiPen Cost

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm living with a severe a egg allergy and had to get EpiPens. The cost for them are ridiculous! Insurance companies and the EpiPen company need to change and I don't think that will happen without our voices being heard. EpiPens only cost 40$ to make so why are they 600$ to get? That is just wrong? Who else agrees. Lets make our voices heard!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure where you are located, in the U.S. without insurance you can get it at wal mart for around 130.00, with some insurance as low as 50.00.

• Posted

I am located in the United States. Those are the generic brands. But unfortunately like many I did not know the regular EpiPen wasn't covered when they handed them to me in the hospital. I just blindly took them knowing I had a life threatening condition, and I need them. I now know there are generic brands out there but my point is pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies are scamming people and abusing their power. They are putting thousands of people in medical debt and I am on of them. There as to be some laws they are breaking or something that we can change. We just have to get enough people to make enough waves to rock their boat.

• Posted

this is outrageous! i recomend signing/starting a petition and make our voices heard as this is ridiculous!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.