Episceritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had this 9 months! I have had it... the medications can cause awful side effects . Trying to do this naturally.

Anybody stopped the ongoing flares?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been dealing with it for 11-12 years. I use steroid drops everyday. They do a great job controlling the flair ups, but the glaucoma side effects have been serious, causing me to have 3 surgeries. Pick your poison I guess. 

• Posted

I was diagnosed with posterior scleritis 9 uears ago and I have tried a few western medications that didn't do anything. Prednisone is the only thing that controls the flairs. They are all "bandaids" not cures. I have recently started acupuncture with a very experienced Chinese healer. He says he has high hopes of actually curing the problem by strengthening my liver (in Chinese medicine they believe eye problems stem from it). And so far I haven't had any flairs, but time will tell. I know it's not the same disease, but it's an eye thing so hope this helps!

• Posted

The only thing that has stopped the pain is western medicine. I finally am off prednisone. I take methotrexate and will start remicade infusions next week. Until they get the concoction correct, I take 3200mg of advil a day to take care of the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.