Eptopic heartbeats , travel tablets help me

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been having eptopic heartbeats for many years, i am almost totally convinced i get mine from what i class as nervous stomach, i have cut out from my life for many years all kinds of stimulates, which gave me some relief, i thought why not try one step further, i have started taking travel tablets, ( sturgeron biodramin etc) which act as a very mild relaxant, so far the results have been very good, they also help with my vertigo as the tablets alleviate dizziness and settled my stomach nerves, so far i am almost eptopic free, I hope it continues, worth a try, good luck

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had them for a while and i also get nervous stomach , on very low dose beta blocker but may try these thanks

• Posted

due to a stent i am on heart medication, still got the eptopic beats, had them for about 29 years even before the stent, the travel tabs, sturgeron relax me, so very happy with myself,

• Posted

May want to check with pharmacist or doctor about whether it's a good idea to take these on a regular basis. Do you take them regularly, or just as-needed?

• Posted

Hi Kevin, I don't doubt for one moment that your ectopics could be due to a gastric issue (see further on). However, if you have already been provided with other heart issues, I would err on the side of caution here as this medication contains Hyoscine Hydrobromide. It can have adverse effects, so the suggestion the other day to check is a good idea. I keyed in the key ingredient and this is what NICE says:

https://bnfc.nice.org.uk/drug/hyoscine-hydrobromide.html#contraIndications

You may have been lucky and you might indeed be one of the lucky ones, that don't get many side effects. Some of us are missing an enzyme and are more susceptible, which is unfortunately the case for me.

I find this very interesting as it is two weeks tomorrow that after having my dinner, my heart went bonkers and I really mean bonkers (bigeminy). I looked at the label of the sausages and found 'metabisuphite' in bold. This is suphur dioxide and I shall start a thread on this additive to our foods, together with one on MSG (monosodium glutamate), which is another food additive.

I discovered this by accident and wish I had been aware earlier.

• Posted

eating too much causes me hours of discomfort, i eat little and often. its something to do with the vagus nerve

• Posted

so far no problems, chemist said ok to take them, as and when i feel, not daily dosage, just made me feel less tense, to be honest so fed up with eptopics , will take anything without any consideration about long term effects

• Posted

i have had ectopics for 44 years. since 2017 i have been getting svt,only 7 attacks that need hospital attention, quite a few short runs that resolve in a few minutes. i wish i could stop the larger attacks because i hate going to hospital and going through the procedures to get it back to normal. It ids definitely related to anxiety, if i,m tired and done too much it affects me too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.