ER after starting 20 mg Lisinopril...help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I saw a new doctor for the first time on Friday, he decided to start me on 20mg of Lisinopril for elevated blood pressure. I took my first dose on Saturday morning and my 2nd on Sunday morning. I was already not feeling well on Saturday but Sunday was a whole other ball game. I woke up and had to run straight to the bathroom, I had diarrhea and severe stomach cramps and pain that would come in waves ALL day long, which progressed into vomiting and diarrhea in the afternoon. I would throw up very little but would dry heave a bunch each time. I felt like I was going to pass out twice, it felt like someone shoved cotton in my ears and everything started going black. The last time was about 9 p.m. and I was on the toilet again and I broke out in a sweat and felt like I was going to pass out, had to have my hubby run and get me a cold wash cloth to put on my face and neck to help. I had him drive me to the emergency room when I felt like I could get up. I was in the hospital until 5 a.m. Monday morning. They ran a bunch of blood tests and gave me meds for pain, nausea, and pepcid and sent me home. The nurse said the exact same thing happened to her when starting Lisinopril but the doctor said he had never heard of it causing this reaction. Anyone else??? Stopped the Lisinopril but still feel like hell.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.