Eratic Periods!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well following some blood tests my Doctor has confirmed I'm going through the menopause, I've just turned 45 years old and am struggling a bit with the news! My problem is that my periods should be slowing down, but instead are now more frequent, a lot heavier and very painful. My Doctor wants to send me for tests as they don't think this is normal, but I have heard from other sources that this is very normal. Does anyone else experience this please? Feel like I'm going slightly mad!

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi this is very normal when I turn 47 years old mine got heavy till I start clotting big then by the time I reach 53 they became inrregular space out in months less blood until they stop for 6 months came back I'm now 55 and they are coming to an end at last so don't worry you be ok.

• Posted

Thank you Maria, I appreciate your reply. My Doctor seems to think it is abnormal but so many people have told me it is normal! Maybe is should give it a while and see what happens.

Thank you.

• Posted

Could be a sign of fibroids which are treatable they normally put you for an ultra sound to see 
    • Posted

Thank you Amanda, my sis ter has had the same problem and said it could be this so looking into it. Thanks. X
  • Posted

I am in peri also.  A couple of times o have had short cycles.  Occasionally I will have a heavy one and they usually always have some clots now.  I have had a few that were extremely painful.  I just never know what I am going to get.
    • Posted

It's so annoying isn't it, just don't know where you are! I feel like I'm going slightly mad!

• Posted

Isn't it awful.hun, I feel like I'm going mad! My periods are all over the place and Doc thinks they should be slowing down! Feel so out of control!

• Posted

HELLO SAMANTHA, FIRST OF ALL I STARTED WITH THE PERIMENOPAUSE MADNESS AS SOON AD I TURNED 45.    I WILL BE 47 IN FEB. I JUST WANT TO SAY, WHEN IN THE HELL IS ALL THIS GOING TO END?!   AND YES MY PERIODS ARE AWFUL!  NOTVEVEN WHEN I WAS A TEEN OR YOUNGER DID I EXPERIENCE THE AWFUL PAIN PERIODS I HAVE NOW.  ALL TEST LABS NORMAL.  YES, BELIEVE ALL THIS IS PART OF THE INFAMOUS TALKED ABOUT CHANGE OF LIFE.    WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS AND YOU KNOW SOMETHING DR.”s DONT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT THE WOMAN DURING THIS PHASE OF LIFE!  THEY CALL US CRAZY AND THROW AD”s AT US!  HOW SAD IS THAT?!  BUT WE ARE ALL HERE ON THIS FORUM FOR HELP LOVE AND SUPPORT AS WE ALL GO THROUGH THIS TRANSITION.  I HEAR THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, I HAVE YET TO SEE IT BUT LATELY I THINK IM STARTING TO SEE A GLIMPSE OF IT!  XOXO
    • Posted

Ha ha OmG thank you cos i feel like I'm losing the plot! You have made me laugh and made me feel.like I'm finally normal, if only temporarily! I love you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.