Erection

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello all. this is a sensitive topic and hard to talk about or bring up for all guys of course. sometimes in the past few months whenever having sex ive had trouble keeping my erection. its embarrising and alwags makes me feel terrible. the thing is, its mainly when im having sex. when receiving oral sex or a handjob, it seems to stay erect. it only has a hard time during sex. whaat would be to reasons to this? i do wear a condom during it and i think that could cause a loss in the sensation. what would be the reasons for this?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I need more information. How old are you? Do you have any other conditions that requires medications that might affect your ability to maintain an erection? How long has this problem been going on? Are you in a new relationship that might cause performance anxiety?

• Posted

1. i have no other problems that i know. and i guess it could be performance anxiety because i did just start having sex. i have had a fine time maintaining an erection before though and still do at other times. the first few times having sex i was fine too. and now it doesnt happen everytime. mainly ehen its during the workweek
    • Posted

It could just be that you are tired during the work week or maybe you have a stressful job. It doesn't sound like there is anything serious going on.

• Posted

thats most likely it. it was just confusing that its during that. can condoms effect that sunce they make it less sensitive?

• Posted

Condoms reduce the sensitivity. I never liked wearing them for that very reason.

• Posted

i feel like thats it. like i dont seem to have a problem when we are doing other stuff and not wearing one. but when we do that im always wearing one. its frustrating because it makes her think i dont want to but i actually just cant feel a lot of it

• Posted

If you are circumised the glans is less sensitive to begin with then add a condom and you feel very little.

• Posted

you need to visit a doctor as ed can be a sign of a blood pressure problem or heart problem it needs to be discussed with someone who knows more about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.