Erection problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

When I get erections my shaft is rock hard however the glans is soft or barely hard at all. I'm 18, still a virgin as I'm afraid it will effect sex, I assume it will? As I live in the U.S most of my friends have lost their virginity and I'm scared this will hold me back for life.

I just want to know what has caused this and if there's anything I can do to treat it. It's affecting my mental health which is why I have come to this forum.

Thank you.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Is the glan cold to the touch? It could be soft glan syndrome and it will affect penetration.

• Posted

No it is not cold to the touch at all.

• Posted

Good to know about soft glan syndrome, I had no idea about it. With that in mind, curious, how hard should the glans be in general? For normal behavior. I never really gave that much thought either.

Is it supposed to be near rock hard, or is it to some extent firm but somewhat soft/rubbery given that it is the sensitive part of the penis. How hard is it normally with respect to the rest of the penis shaft?

• Posted

It should be firm enough for penetration but not rock hard like the shaft. Yeah somewhat rubbery.

• Edited

Does you penis have a bent? Though you should check with a urologist so that they can go into details as to why your glans is always soft during erections. Peyronie’s disease can also cause it to be soft. There is a guy that I know that has a soft glan due to his bent penis.

• Edited

If it turns out this isn't something of a (major) medical issue, one thing you could at least try, is masturbating with penetrative (vagina) sex toys, to see if you can penetrate them ok or not. If you can penetrate ok, I would think it wouldn't be a big deal for actual sex. At that point, any issue there would be the lady's interpretation/preference of how it feels to be penetrated (initially) with a harder or softer glans - I'd think only a picky lady would complain? The only other thing it could affect as well once penetrated is if the softer glans affects hitting her g-spot or not, but that's a subjective matter, hard to gauge/evaluate.

But if you can't penetrate a sex toy, that could likely be an issue for actual sex.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.