ERGOTAMINE ???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone had any experience with taking Ergotamine to treat migraine headaches ?

If so was ergotamine any good at treating a migraine ?

How did you get ergotamine prescribed ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jason.

I to suffer with migraines and have for the past 25 years. Have not heard of the medication you mentioned but ask your doctor for sumatriptin. This drug has completly changed my life. You take on tablet when you feel your migraine coming on and within half an hour feel better and migraine comes to nothing. Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi mitch. Thanks for the info. I suffer with vigrainous vertigo. Daily milder headached kept at bay by the ibuprofen i take daily. I get between 2 and 4 days a month where i wake with a pounding headache that nothing touches. What dosage sumatriptan are you on 50mg or 100mg? Cheers buddy.
    • Posted

Hi jason. I take 50mg and the one tablet does the trick nothing else works. I have never really gone into the cause or why i get so many .
    • Posted

Cheers mitch. Sorry to hear you have suffered these migraines for so many years. Glad something works for you. I will speak to my doctor about thrying them thanks. One guy on here had tried everthing for his migraines. In the end he was given vitamin b2 400mg a day and has felt much better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.