Ergotamine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have tried many medications to "help" my migraine which if untreated is quite debilitating. Migril is the only one which arrests the progression of the headache and allows me to function normally and not have to retire to my bed. Migril is no longer available in Australia and I have suffered sinificantly - always trying to find some other medication to help without luck. The reason being I am told was the factory in Spain was bought out and our Aust distributor (Fauldings) was unable to continue supplying.Disaster -- the hit and miss attempts to stop migraine taking over my life. However great news - on a trip to Fiji I discovered that I could buy it there (manufactured in Pakistan or India)

Truly it was like winning the Million Dollar Lottery.Thank God.

Migril - an oldie but a goodie !!!!!!

:D

[i:5005fa0b38]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5005fa0b38]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have just been told here in the UK that Migril is no longer available here too due to the same reason. Do you have an online link to where I can buy it?

• Posted

HiĀ 

Did you ever find migril in Parkistan. I have been suffering terribly for the past year unable to get it. Please let me know if you were successful

Thanks

• Posted

Hi there i hope ur doing well by now. I know u posted 11 years ago. I have been a migraine sufferer for almost 30 years and im also struggling. I really hope ur not takingv too much of this ergotomine because after a while it does stop working as it has for me. Im married to an Albanian and when i went to albania a few years ago i found this stuff there. If u have albanian friends or know somebody that goes there yearly or regularly get them to bring some back for u and there is no amount that u cant bring back. The med there is called MIGRETIL which contains belladonna, caffeine AND ergotomine. Im also from Australia. Im in Adelaide.

Please dont abuse it though or it wont work for anymore.

The best of luck..

• Posted

By the way my husband brings back a few boxes for me everytime he goes over to albania and its dirt cheap.
  • Posted

By the way my husband brings back a few boxes for me everytime he goes over to albania and its dirt cheap.
  • Posted

U WOULD definitely be able to find it quite a few third world countries.
  • Posted

U can also find this in the United States as Ergamot or ergomar i think.. somewhere along these lines.. im not trying to push u... use it wisely please.. trust me.. speaking from experience, because i do know what its like when ur trying to find something that works and its not available anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.