Erm any good any good stories?

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive read all these with nothing but dreaduk fealing on this drug!

shower me with good news!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ive been taking Mirtazipine for 10 months now. It does seem to get bad press but it totally cured my chrnic insomnia immediately and not had many side effects apart from amazing hollywood blockbuster dreams every night. I'm on 30mg. The lower doses are more sedating whilst the higher doses more activating.

• Posted

Hi, i have been trying mirtazapine for my insomnia and related anxiety. I was started in 15 mg but i just can't cope with extreme sedation in the day as it lasts all day. My GP said to try reducing to 7.5 mg and did seem interested in a lot of the info I have read about this being more sedating at a lower dose. Did you start on a lower dose and did you have problems with daytime sedation? Im about to give up but I wonder if i should try a higher dose not lower??

• Posted

Hi, I got down to 7.5mg and decided to stay on this small dose, without it don't get much sleep. I think sleep deprivation is the worst thing, so I'm OK on it.

• Posted

Hi, i was on mirt for 6/7 months. I would not be here without it. If needed again i would not hesitate to take it. It kicks in pretty quick and gives you a good night's rest. Everynone reacts differently of course. Give it a go if its been suggested u have to take it. Coming off it is not too bad. It took me three and a half months to come off. Im ok now but not sleeping is a issue im still having to deal with. It is getting better mind..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.