Erosive Oral Lichen Planus & other autoimmune conditions

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I have had OLP (erosive) for approx 2 yrs

in the past 2 yrs I have round out I also have autoimmune hypothyroidism (Hashimotos)

I find the oral lesions happen in conjunction to my flares, which makes sense being autoimmune in nature.

My question is to those with OLP, do you have any other autoimmune disorders ?

If so, what are they?

There are no real answers as to what else will pop up when you have an autoimmune disease, just band aids

(corticosteroid gel for the mouth, pills for the thyroid)

just trying to do my own research

thanks in advance

Trudy

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yes i have alopecia areata. i have had it for over 10 yrs, a little confidence my hair will grow back. my biopsies were kinda inconclusive, they did suggest Lp and my symptoms are erosive mainly on the gums at the tooth level. i also have the raised white lines on my cheeks lower level and they run along the area where the cheeks meet the lower teeth. im curious what others experience as far as symptoms go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.