Erratic Crying Spells

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am genuinely perplexed by what's happened to me and I've been to countless unhelpful doctors. Last April, I had a panic attack, was placed on Klonopin; returned to my doctor to get off the benzo; rx'd Lexapro. I had an odd reaction to the Lexapro-as soon as I started it, I had uncontrollable fits of crying. I've never experienced anything like this before; taken off it then put back on by another doctor up to 40mg. Then, I was placed on prozac-still have the uncontrolled crying...I am so confused by this. Are these signs that ssri's are not right for me? Are these something that will pass? I'm fearful to try other meds because of this....

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Could be hun. And ask dr forgot to tell u in pm to test yr thyroid xxx can cause symptoms like depression crying etc xxx
  • Posted

Vit B12 is linked to the nervous system so if you are low in this you need to take a supplement.  Depression can also be caused or made worse by lack of vit D.  x

• Posted

Yep def heard that xxx i was v low in vit d as not much sun in the uk xx
    • Posted

Thanks hypercat; yes, been taking it for about nine weeks now; the vitamins...wish there was a cure all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.