errosion in stomach . do they heal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

i am 28 having chronic acid reflux since last year since then i am on ppi medicine . i had an endoscopy 8 months ago and everything was fine at that time nothing found but 8 after 8 months yesterday i had another endoscopy and its showing i have few errosions in my stomach . does that a reason to worry? doc prescribed me to take pantoprazole 40mg with itopride as i have stomach pain . i don't understand i was on continuous ppi so why this errosions showed up .i can figure out that i can't leave this ppi medicine . i have to continue it everyday . also long ppi medication caused some anxiety . i am always at fear that i might die soon which adding to my illness. is there anyone has same issues ? does it be cured , i mean how long it takes to heal those errosions? i am very tensed...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Personally I feel there is no reason to worry about it. Ulcers/ erosions could possibly be the varying degree of the same problem which should be easily curable though with regular medication.  However let us see what the others feel about it.
  • Posted

Hi susan, huh they trie that one with me and now they are paying the price, they put me on Nexium and it's weakened my once strong immunity.  I'm disgusted and feel awful for always being in the doctors, I now am at a different surgery and they are trying to make head or tail of it and can't. PPI's are terrible things I'd advise you not to take them, dreadful things!  Ask for an alternative!

• Posted

hi sam

in my case i don't have any options left i am suffering from severe acidity does not matter what i eat its always there 24x7 severe like i will die out of acid.

doctors doesn't able to find the cause ppi gives me relief from acid its causing other issues but what should i do? do i have any other options ? if not for acidity i would have left ppi for sure

• Posted

Oh gosh poor you! I hope you get this sorted as you can't continue like that.  Fight for what you need. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.