ESA.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son has been for an assessment to see if he still qualifies for ESA.  He has been refused.  The assessor's report was like reading something from The Brothers Grim.  The lies in the report were unbelievable. We have had the mandatory reconsideration & been refused once again so now we have sent all the relevant information for a court appeal. 

The assessors report showed so many contradictions that if it wasn't so annoying, it would be laughable. The assessor claimed that my son was not taking any medication & in the very next sentence she stated that my son's condition was managed with medication prescribed by his G.P. I only hope that whoever does the appeal reads the notes we have sent pointing out all the contradictions & discrepencies. Time will tell.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary I no where you are coming from its shocking. My sister in law has COPD and she is in a bad way and their told a pack of liers to. Shocking their are trying to me on ESA I have a stimulate in my back and have so much back pain I don't know what's the best thing to do

• Posted

It says that you can record the discussion. . They may be in the same situation one day. What goes around comes around.
    • Posted

I have heard that you can record the assessment, but only if you have their permission.  I only wish we had asked if we could of recorded the first assessment.
  • Posted

The very same thing happened to me so I took a highlighter pen and showed the tribunal how the assessor had blatantly contradicted herself. I won the case although it took over four months to get their decision. Best of luck. 
    • Posted

My son has told them that he will not be attending the tribunal which I believe is heard in a court. It would be just terrible for him to have to attend this. I have heard that it is better if you can attend as a "paper hearing" has less chance of success. If the relevant facts are there for an appeal I don't see why you should have less chance of a victory by not attending. Glad you won your case.

• Posted

I also refused to turn up as it would have stressed me out too much but won with a paper appeal
    • Posted

That is good to hear. Maybe he will win with the paper appeal. If he doesn't then there is nothing else he can do as he has gone down all the avenues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.