esa

Posted , 4 users are following.

If your esa is stopped are you still entitled to still claim your pip.this was awarded last year.esa was awarded but has been stopped due to my wca..can I still claim pip or will this stop also?

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes you can still claim PIP as its an in work benefit. WCA and PIP assessments are quite different because one assesses you for fitness to work and the other assesses your personal care and mobility needs.

The 2 departments DWP/DLAPIP do exchange information and at your next PIP assessment don't be surprised if the DWP WCA is referred to.

However if you still require the Personal Care or Mobility assisstance then you are still entitled to PIP.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm confused. You say that the DWP exchange info - ESA - PIP, yet when you apply for PIP you have to give your permission if they can open up the ESA/DLA claim to see if there is any evidence there that can be useful.

If you don't agree to that then the DWP cannot access any of your other info????

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Les I know that you seem to think every discussion has something to do with your claim (and BTW can you do us all favour and stop making endless comments about that please) but in this discussion I was addressing the OP's circumstances not yours.

So therefore I'm not in the slightest bothered about you being confused the OP was not and thanked me for the information.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up