esa

Posted , 4 users are following.

i been on esa now 2years,and just been awarded pip,will i still need to be assesed with esa,do any know please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bev

Yes you will probably be reassessed at some point for ESA. The 2 benefits are different but some of the criteria is similar.

There is no such thing as life time awards anymore although the very very sick can be assessed on paper.

• Posted

did you have to go to an assessment centre to get awarded pip ?
    • Posted

how i came to to get pip becasue before i was on the low rate of mobilty getting 80 pound a month,they asked me if there were any changes and i told them there was,i had home a visit from pip,i didnt go to assesmnent centre,after the home about 3 weeks they awarded me pip 
    • Posted

you were extremely fortunate to get a home visit. I presume you had CAPITA. They are fairly relaxed about such things. ATOS on the other hand are not so.

I'm waiting for a PIP1 form as I have refused to deal with the PIP conversion on the telephone (there are no records of what would be said - only what they write down what they think you have said).

Besides which the PIP1 form is more detailed and allows you to ask where your info ends up and asks if you want your DLA file to be copied to you and then for you to decide if you want the evidence in it to be used for the PIP claim. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.