Esa

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was told yesterday that no desicion has yet been made on my esa medical assesment its been 4 months

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry 4 weeks
    • Posted

When I saw 4 months I was going to reply 'Welcome to limbo'. 4 week isn't unusual for ESA or PIP, I believe I have been told on many occasions that it can take up to 8-10 weeks, well for PIP at least.
    • Posted

I heard from pip within 2 weeks but i rang esa just before xmas and was told there was a query with my claim so it was sent back to the medical assesor they said it wasnt anything to do with me it was to do with the medical assesor then i rang esa yesterday and was told no desicion has been made that was it !!!!
    • Posted

Well with my first PIP claim, it took about a year to get an assessment and about 6 weeks after that for a decision. During those 6 weeks I phoned them every now and again, and it seems that sometimes you will get a good update (when the DM looked at evidence, etc), other times you will be told responses that might as well come from a robot. All I can do really is say be patient, I don't know about you but it can cause some to become anxious and frustrated.
    • Posted

It does your right i have trouble walking without a stick and my husband helping me i walk a couple of steps and the pain is terrible although its constant. The assesor watched me stand with help from my hubby and said no no sit down its obvious you cant move.

He was lovely he was at my home for 20 mins and left.

Im just waiting to hear now and my nerves are shot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.