ESA 50 Form

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi looking for some advice with regards to the ESA50 work capability form

I’m pregnant and was currently receiving JSA my advisor told me to claim ESA instead as doctor advised I didn’t look for work due to hypertension in pregnancy and all the stress. 

I’m stuck on how to fill in this form as can’t see how it applies to me. I do suffer with OCD, anxiety and Migraines with Aura. 

I don’t know what to write.

Have rung CAB they have no available  appointments so have to do it myself. 

Please help. 

Thanks x 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirstie how bad r your migraines how often do u get them?

Sharon

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I don’t have my migraines as often as I used to. It’s hard to say how many times a week. 

It was the hypertension in pregnancy that the doctor wrote the sick note for. 

Xx

• Posted

Hi Kirstie ESA isn't the right thing 4 u once u have had the baby ur hypertension will go and as 4 ur migraines unless ur having 2 spend days laying in a dark room take medication vomiting dizzy spells u wouldn't qualify. I suffer with migraines and I can't bear any light noise and I'm laid up in bed 4 2-3 days at a time. Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks Sharon. I’m only on ESA as doctor not comfortable for me to continue with JSA. I’ll claim income support once I’m at the 29 week mark. 

It’s just up until then I need to claim esa so I’m not having to look for work. I’m  only 17 weeks at moment and my esa assessment phase will stop in May so not sure what I can claim then as not sure how to fill this form out. 

I totally understand your pain with migraines last year was awful for me. I had to see a neurologist every 8 weeks as they got so bad for me. Was on daily meds and still got turned down last year for ESA. Luckily my migraines don’t come as frequent but when they do everyone knows about it xx

• Posted

Hi,

To be honest i'm not really sure that ESA would be the benefit for you. You can continue to fill in that form as best you can but no one here can tell you what to write unfortunately, because we don't know anything about your conditions and how they affect you.

For ESA WRAG you need to score at least 15 points and for Support Group you need to satisfy at least 1 of the support Group descriptors.

The assessments for this do take quite some time usually. I can't tell you for sure how long it would take abviosuly because it does depend on back log in your area.

Google the descriptors for both groups and they'll come up. As for that form then you need to put down exactly how your conditions affect you daily. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Denise will have a look on google.

It’s just the questions that get me as I can walk and sit fine. 

I can communicate fine. 

I will try my best to explain but I know it won’t happen. 

Thanks xx

• Posted

No problem. I'm sure there's lot of people that fill those forms out that have no idea how to do it. The evidence will be your most important thing.

The criteria for the Support Group isn't easy to satisfy. Another thing is, if you have a partner that works unless you're placed into the Support Group then you'll only be paid for 365 days. Once this has ended you won't be entitled to money, just your national insurance will continue to be paid, providing you're placed into the WRAG.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.