ESA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just took that ESA test on benefits and work website and it says that I have assessed myself for the support group , but also the WRAG which is what I have been in for the last 4 years .

Does that mean that I would be put in the support group ?

Does anybody know please

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If your circumstances have changed and you think you are now eligible for the SG you should let DWP know. They will probably send you for another assessment - although remember that the test on B&W is only a guide and as we all know DWP & the healthcare people don't see our health struggles the same way as we do

• Posted

No it's not that .

The DWP sent me a form to fill in last March after 4 years of being in the WRAG part of ESA and I have not heard from them.

I found this test and put in what I had put on my form and it said that I would Qualify for both the support group and the wrag and that I had 75 points .

I know now that it is not points that places you in the support group but the discriptors

• Posted

Hi nocolette. I did the same thing with esa & pip when my circumstances changed, i was re-assessed and was granted support group for esa.

I would say though if your circumstances haven't changed and you were assessed as WRAG group then unless you challenged that decision at the time it's unlikely you would be granted support group now unless you have got worse or a new illness.

maybe try calling your local welfare rights officers for some advice..

Good luck.

• Posted

Yeah that is the thing I have got worse you see I have tried to ring them but was 30 minutes today and then they closed .

I will try again tomorrow, I think I just like to stress about thing I got my PIP now started to worry about ESA

as long as they don't find me fit for work I don't mind really

thanks

• Posted

i was just the same, i was sorting my pip & esa for 10months in total. from october last year. Although i am now in esa support group they left out the severe disability premium which im entitled to so just waiting on that now, by the time it's all sorted it will be time for my next assessment at this rate and it will start all over again, like you say in your other thread, they are sloooooooooooow!!. 

but good luck if you have got worse then keep fingers crossed for support group.

x

• Posted

No

Its only a guide nothing else everyone would be the support group

Other wise

• Posted

Yeah but I have just found out they have put me in the support group they just didn't bother telling me 

• Posted

From experience the self assessed tests for PIP and ESA on that site are nothing more than a reasonable guess at best.

I had been on DLA since 1995 - HRM & MRC yet when I took the PIP test to see if it was worth all of the aggravation in moving over to PIP it told me that I would get 4 points for Care and nothing for Mobility - no award at all.

I accepted that and didn't do the transfer over which resulted in the loss of my DLA which in turn reduced my income by £300 a week!

Fast forward a few months I contacted AgeUK who after reviewing all of my difficulties and medical evidence for a potential claim for Attendance Allowance told me that I would have had an award for Enhanced Care & Mobility PIP.

So treat that site with great caution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.