Esa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does any1 know what happens when u get took of esa and put on jobseekers then my doc has given me a sick note for 8 weeks do I still sign on

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You'll have to inform jobseekers your back on sick. This will possibly mess your benefits up again. You can't sign on if not fit to work. Good luck.

• Posted

Watch the film, "I Daniel Blake" it is a very sad ending, but it shows you the full procedure of what you need to do.

basically you need to ask for a reconsideration of their decision to take you off ESA, I assume you have had a medical assessment that didn't award you sufficient points.

try to get as much paper evidence as you can to prove your illness/disability.

if they still refuse you, then you send a further request to go to tribunal.

again write to them with the reasons you and your GP say why you are not fit for work.

usually at tribunal level, if you have any further evidence from a consultant, a Carers who can write a letter saying the care they need you to have, a prescription list, any new medication or increase in your medication, you can email copies of all this evidence to the tribunal.

if you get to tribunal stage, then I advice you take someone with you who can back up or assist you with what you are telling them about how your illness/disability effects your everyday life and tasks. How it is difficult for you to do certain tasks and the help you have to have. As I don't know what your disability is I can't comment on this. 

The tribunal people are neutral and make a decision on what they believe of the evidence and how they see you themselves.

this can be a long process but worth it in the end to get your ESA back, you would then get your back pay from the date your ESA was stopped.

good luck

• Posted

Thanks I've done the reconsideration but doc has gave me a sick line so going 2 hand it in tomorrow so bloody stressful x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.