Esa

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm appealing my esa and was told a job centre if I want back on esa till my case is seen I come off jobseekers and will only get 73 a week and not get my severe disability allowance any1 know if this is true

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

If you're claiming mid/high rate Care DLA or daily living PIP and the other critria still applies to you, you should still get the SDP. You would be able to go back onto ESA once your Appeal has been logged with the Tribunal.

• Posted

I am logged but went 2 job centre the day and was told if I go back on to esa I will only get the 70 odd wnt get my sdp
    • Posted

They are wrong! As i said above if you claim any of the DLA/PIP awards and the other criteria applies to you then Severe Disability Premium (it's not called Severe Disability Allowance) is paid on Income Related benefits.

• Posted

Don't go to the job centre to ask. They don't know anything!  Once you're back on ESA ring them and ask them. You may or may not need to fill in another form, i'm not sure on that one.

• Posted

Are you sure it's the SDP you're talking about and not the Enhanced Disablity Premium? The EDP is only paid to those in the Support Group of ESA. Do you recieve DLA care part or PIP Daily Living?

• Posted

Also it's not the Tribunal you need to ring it's ESA part of DWP.

• Posted

If my hubby works 16 hrs elf employed what evidence does he have to show dwp cus im on esa sg and i know i can keep on it if he works 16 without being effected.

We are just trying to get evidence ready to prove to dwp before he actually starts the job.

Hes not starting till may so i just want to get prepared so i can ring them to tell them what they need to know.

• Posted

Who told you, you can carry on claiming ESA while your hubby works? What ever he earns will affect your ESA but anything over £140 per week and your ESA will stop. Evidence would be something that shows his earnings. Being in SG of ESA doesn't mean your ESA will continue regardless. The only way this will happen is if you're claim Contribution Based ESA which i highly doubt that.

• Posted

Also please note any income your partner earns if you're claiming HB/LHA or council tax then this will affect this also.

• Posted

I will lose 100 quid a week from my esa i was told that by the benefit calculater the job is only for 8 weeks but he wants to do it im not silly i know it will affect my benefits.

I just didnt know what evidence i would need the bank statement is no problem whats worrying me is that hes working for my brother hes not a company so the wages would just show as a transfer from my brothers bank. Would he therefore need a letter off my brother stating what hes paying him

• Posted

Please point out anywhere in any of my posts have i called you "silly" You asked the questions and i answered, simple as that. You also need to tell HB what he's earning as this will affect what you claim. The answer to your other question is ring DWP and ask they'll tell you what evidence is needed. Bank statements maybe enough but i'm not sure.

• Posted

I never said you were silly denise i said im not silly the reason i wont ring dwp is because hes not starting till 1st week of may and i cant afford to loose my benefit till he does start im worried they will stop most of my money straight away.

I apologise if you thought i had accused you of saying im silly those were my words not yours.

• Posted

I did a benefit calculator check last week results were

I would lose 100 quid a week of my benefit

But because its only 16hrs a week i wont have to pay rent or c.tax

• Posted

They won't stop your money until he starts, like i said i'm not sure of what evidence other than bank statements. You would still need to tell the council of his plans to work even if it doesn't affect your HB. DWP usually pass on info to HB but it's not certain they will. To safe guard yourself it's always best to tell them.

• Posted

I will thank you sorry for the misunderstanding .

Do you know what ever happened to les that used to always be on here .

• Posted

You're welcome and no worries. I believe he was banned but i'm not too sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.