Esa

Posted , 4 users are following.

my son gets dwp  the highest care rate low mobility his esa. Is much lore than anyone else he gets 218 a fortnight I have been told he gets penilised for working 20 years before he got to ill to work he has been I'll for eight years now does this sound right

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You mean he gets DLA or PIP not DWP? If he gets £218 a fortnight that must mean he's in the WRAG not the Support Group? I wouldn't have thought working 20 years previously wouldn't go against which group he's put into. ESA is determined by a criteria. To be put into the Support Group you have to fit either one of those criteria. Claiming DLA would have nothing to do with ESA. If it's DLA he claims he'll soon be invited to apply for PIP as this has replaced DLA.

• Posted

He has filled in his pip form waiting to hear but I still think his esa is wrong
    • Posted

Like i said having worked for 20 years wouldn't stop a person getting into the Support Group. It doesn't work like that. I know people who've worked for years and years yet they're in the Support Group. He could ask them to look at the decision again if he's not happy but remember by doing this he'll most likely have to fill out another ESA50 form and go through another assessment. For this he'll need good evidence of his condition/s and that he meets the Support Group descriptors. Have him or you taken a look at these descriptors for the Support Group?

• Posted

Hi Valerie thats not right I think you need to go and see someone about that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.