ESA

Posted , 6 users are following.

To say I'm livid with the dwp is an understatement!

Went for ESA re assessment last week.

Was in there for over an hour the assessor advised me that I should be claiming universal credit!

She does not work for the dwp so shouldn't be advising anyone on benefits she's there to ask about my health and that is it.

Just recieved a phone call from the decision maker at the dwp we have decided you are no longer entitled to ESA you need to move to universal credit!

What a joke no mention of my health conditions just focused on someone who's said I should claim universal credit someone that shouldn't be giving out benefits advice!

I was told my last payment will be issued Friday from ESA so I need to make a claim asap for universal!

Guess what been online to claim universal and I'm not entitled!

The dwp are absolutely useless shouldn't the decision maker have checked to see if I could claim universal before telling me too?

I'm so angry I will put in MR and go to tribunal if I have to.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey I feel for you it's appalling how they treat us , you are one of many , right now you'll have a range of emotions so did I couldn't eat or sleep , I knew I deserved to be on esa and why 1 person can have power to make a decision like this is beyond belief, so fight with all you have you will win in the end , I got m c overturned but going for Tribunal as put on work related activities which is so wrong and a huge loss in benefits, Good Luck , we're here for you Hun

• Posted

Thank you

Glad to know it's not just me being let down by the system! X

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

As you've been forund "fit for work" it's either JSA or UC if that's in your area now. Was there a reason why it said you're not entitled to it?

First of all regarding being found fit for work, you'll need to as for the MR. You have just 1 month from the date on the letter to get this in. I'd advice ringing first then put it in writing. If you have more evidence then send this in with the MR. Most MR decisions remain the same so be prepared to take it to Tribunal.

As you've been found fit for work you'll need to claim something so it's JSA or UC. If the decision on the MR remains the same you'll be able to reclaim ESA at assessment rate once the Appeal has been logged with the Tribunal. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi hun I myself have been took off it after 3 years I'm appealing and if unsuccessful il start again with sick notes shocking how we are being treated I have fibromyalgia depression and anxiety I'm on many medication it's disgusting from Nicola x

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

Are you at the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) stage or Tribunal? If it's Tribunal and the decision doesn't go in your favour, the only way you can re-apply for ESA again is if either your condition has got worse or for a new condition. You can't re-apply for the same condition unless on the fit/sick notes it says worsening condition. The DWP then have to decide whether they'll accept your reason for re-applying. Rules changed i believe in 2015. Hopefully you won't get this far and the decision will go in your favour. If you're at the MR stage please remember that most MR decisions remain the same. Be prepared to take it to Appeal Tribunal. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.