ESA

Posted , 3 users are following.

My brother's wife has been has been sent the forms regarding her ESA. They have been filled in & sent back. Will she have to go for a face to face?  The reason I am asking is because my brother is her carer & her appointee.  All the mail for my sister in law is addressed to my brother.

She has been awared PIP care & mobility at the enhanced rate. For the face to face for PIP she was given a home visit.  I know that PIP & ESA are totally different benefits & different criteria, but would my brother be able to attend a face to face on her behalf if she is asked to go to a face to face at an assessment centre?

My sister in law is unable to communicate & never leaves the house.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It's rare for a paper based decision to be made but it can happen. You can ask for a home assessment just like PIP. No your brother wouldn't be able to attend instead of her, sorry. A letter from her GP would most likely be needed for a home assessment stating the reasons why. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.