Esa

Posted , 5 users are following.

Got my appeal for esa tomorrow any idea what I will be going in 2

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

I've never been to one but i've heard these Tribunals are generally very fair. They're nothing like the assessments. Tell them everything, if you can't do something tell them why you can't do it. Hopefully you've already sent them all the extra evidence you need to? Are you going alone or taking someone with you? I would advice to take someone with you if possible. Sorry i can't be of any other help. Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Like Denise, I've never been to one, but just wanted to wish you all the best, let us know how you get on. 

• Posted

Thanks some1 from wealthfare rights is meeting me ther my friend who usually comes with me to important things is on holiday dreading it already
    • Posted

May i ask how you're getting there? and your reasons for claiming ESA is it mental health or physical? The reason i ask is because as you're travelling alone this could go against you depending on the reasons for your claim.

• Posted

They are putting a taxi on for me my illness is physical and mental cnt go in2 to much on here but I'm seeing a psychologist for therapy and I'm seeing him for 24 weeks so it's long and on going

• Posted

I see, well hopefully getting into that taxi alone won't go against you. Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.

• Posted

My assessment was cancelled because the Gp got a form to fill and was sent to them ,I called them to ask them to have the assessment at home ,was told that I don't need one and a same day I received letter saying I don't need to attend the appt ,they got enough evidence from the Gp. Which I didn't even knew about the Gp sending the form, but back to your appt just talk about the bad days and take someone with and ask for the assessment to be recorded or record on your phone .good luck 

• Posted

Just so you know, if a claimant is caught record an assessment on their phone their assessment will be immediately stopped and their file sent straight back to DWP. I wouldn't ever recommend anyone to record any assessment via their phone.

• Posted

You can ask them to record because it's on the notes sheet.its the second page .it says your own audio recording equipment if you are providing this yourself in accordance with the guidance .you need to make 2 copies one for and one for them . And the phone you can ask and tell them to send a copie once the person who's going with will do it on the laptop 

• Posted

Sorry mistakeĀ 
    • Posted

Yes of course you can record an assessment but no using a mobile phone. You have to use the correct equipment because of the 2 copies needed.
    • Posted

Hi nadnad, you cannot just turn up and be allowed to record, you do have to ask for permission and they are not obliged to let you, and you do have to supply the recording equipment and you have to prove that its not possible to tamper with it and you do have to leave there copy with them on the day.

I know because I recorded mine, with prior notice and permission

• Posted

Hi you can ask for the assessment to be recorded but you need to give them prior notice of this I think about 2 weeks, correct me if I'm wrong, also you need to take equipment that will allow you to leave a copy with them.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks every1 it's tomorrow so no time 2 ask for recording so just need 2 keep everything crossed x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.