ESA

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I had been claiming esa since the 29th December 2016 due to a bad injury to my leg and I was at the face to face meeting 2 weeks ago about it and I just received a letter back from them saying I'm still on the same rate but it doesn't mention on it if I'm in any of the groups is this normal? And should it not be a higher rate if I am because I was claiming it before April?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You'll be better off ringing them as that may have just been a random letter with payment details. 2 weeks does seem rather quick to have a decision for ESA in my oppinion. My guess is that wasn't the decision letter but yes if placed in the WRAG group and you claimed before April this year you would recieve the old rate of ESA. Please do ring them. It would be awful if you thought you were placed in one of the groups when that may not have been the case. Good luck and please do let us know the outcome smile Also if you were placed in one of the groups that letter should have mentioned a backpay amount of money..

• Posted

The letters dated the 21st of June but says on it they have looked at my claim again following a recent change. From the 29th December 2016 my payment will be £73.10 per week. That's when I started claiming it doesn't say anything about the meeting does this sound right? I thought everyone was placed into one of the groups ?

• Posted

No it doesn't sound right. No not everyone is placed into 1 of the groups absolutely not. A lot of people are found "fit for work" of course some are placed into 1 of the groups. ESA have criteria for both of the groups, with the Support Group being the hardest to get into. Did you send in evidence to support your claim? Did you also ring DWP to ask if a decision has been made?

• Posted

Sorry I meant if you weren't found fit to work you would be put in 1 of the groups is this correct? Also just been accepted for pip. Think I would be in the work activity group because it should get better eventually.

• Posted

Will give them a call tomorrow anyway.
    • Posted

Yes if you weren't found fit for work you'd be put into one of the groups. They take into consideration any type of work though and that's why it's so difficult. Having a PIP claim makes no difference sadly because people claim PIP and work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.