Esa

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am on high rate care for pip does that mean I'm on premium rate esa

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

They are both seperate benefits Jane with seperate claims and different criteria so what one gets for PIP is for just that.
  • Posted

Jane you asked the same question yesterday, which i replied to. There's no premium rate ESA but there are premiums for ESA i'm guessing this is what you mean? Having those premiums depends on your circumstances like i said yesterday. Do you live alone. does anyone claim Carers Allowance for you? You don't just automatically get those premiums because of the criteria.

• Posted

If no one claims Carers Allowance for you either then it's possible you could be entitled to Servere Disability Premium (SDP) BUT it's not automatically paid to you, you have to claim for it. You'll need to ring ESA and ask them to send you a IS10 form (if no one claims Carers Allowance for you that is) fill this in, return and they'll check you qualify. Should take a few weeks maybe a little longer. IF you qualified then it could be back dated to when you started PIP.

• Posted

Hi Jane,

These benefits are so different hun. From my experience Citizens advice helped me no end.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.