Esa

Posted , 3 users are following.

I reported a change on 10th july the dwp rang to say i would only get £109 contribution base while sorting the change out its been a fortnight now and still not heard from them any idea what the timescale is before i might hear back from them

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry but there really isn't a time scale that anyone can tell you. You would need to ring them to get that answer. I can't believe they haven't contacted you yet. Have you been having any ESA money at all or has it completely stopped?

• Posted

I received a normal amount a fortnight ago but they rang and said i would be getting £109 contribution based until theyve sorted it. And the also said i would get a letter from them but ive received nothing yet.

Im due to get a payment tomorrow will wait and see whats in my bank tomorrow before i ring them x

• Posted

Yes it would be just the contribution based amount. So anything extra that was added for Income related (the premiums) then you would lose that. Hopefully they'll have it sorted by tomorrow's payment because anything more then would be an overpayment.

• Posted

I was told they pay me £109 and i would have that because i was in the support group i would get it longer than a yr they said i would hear from them regarding their desicion but to be honest i would have said it would have been sorted by now they havent even asked me for proof of my hubbys wages so maybe im just going to receive the £109 from now on

• Posted

Yes Dawn it would be £109 per week because you're in the support group, and yes it would be paid to you for as long as you stay in the support group. I'm not sure what decision you're expecting from them other than to confirm in writing how much your weekly ESA will be. £109 is the weekly contribution based ESA amount. You wouldn't qualify for any added premiums for the support group because of your husband working. please try to relax, you seem to be worrying each time you're due a payment, you have nothing to worry about as long as they don't pay you any of those premiums that are added on for Income related ESA because you shouldn't be recieving those.

• Posted

Well that explains things cus the dwp said cus hubby is only working 16 hrs i might still qualify for carers and the premiums but at least youve explained i wont x
    • Posted

If he your hubby earns less than £116 per week working 16 hours or less then he's qualify for carers allowance BUT if i remember rightly your hubby is only earning £100 per week. This means that's he's drastically under paying himself because this doesn't add up to national minimum wage (NMW) If he was earning the NMW he'd be bringing home £120 which would be over the amount allowed to earn for CA. As i've said before a few times they may question why he's only earning this amount and may say he's under paying himself in order to keep the CA. Working those hours wouldn't entitle you to the Enhanced premium that's paid on Income related ESA (support group) Dawn, i've tried really hard to help you and almost bent over backwards infact. You keep returning every couple of weeks asking the same questions you asked before. There's nothing else to tell you on how much you should be getting from ESA. Please if you're not happy then ring them.

• Posted

Keep ringing them for updates. This happened to me with PIP. I then had to put in an MR and later take into tribunal. Which I won last week. But it took over 7 months. Worth it in the end. But don't give up. Fight for what your entitled to. Good luck.

• Posted

Your welcome. These are the most stressful times. So any help or advice people in here can give. Is really worth it. Denise is really wonderful. And her advice gets so many if us through these thought times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.