ESA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone heard about people getting back dated money from esa ? Thanks 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes but not everyone will be affected. It's mostly those that were transfered for Incapacity benefit many years ago. If they owe any money to people DWP will be in touch.

• Posted

What is the reason dwp are owing people money?
    • Posted

As i already stated it's not everyone. It's for those that were transfered from Incapacity benefit many years ago and even if you were on this benefit then it doesn't mean you'll be one of those underpaid.

• Posted

Denise

As I was on incapacity benefit and changed over to esa can you tell me what the criteria is for those that are owed this money?

Thank you

Andrew

• Posted

I just phoned esa and they said I was underpaid , and their sending me a letter to tell me how much I’m getting back dated, you should give them a phone Andrew👍

• Posted

Hi Ladyofstress

I'm not great on the fone but will ask my partner to fone for me when she comes in.

Did you find out the criteria for getting it? I'm just trying to find out more from the internet now.

Thank you

Andrew

• Posted

Yes get your partner to phone but they will want to speak to you first, they just ask a couple of security questions to make sure it’s you , yes google dwp underpayments and good luck Andrew .
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on Andrew 
    • Posted

It's the premiums that are added on. Those on IB were on Contribution Based and some didn't have the Income related top ups added, which would be the premiums. For the premiums it would depend on what group ESA you're in and whether or not you recieve DLA/PIP.

• Posted

The guy that my partner spoke to said there was nothing on his system regarding this. He also said he knew nothing about this so will wait a few days and try again and hopefully get someone different.
    • Posted

Yes try in a couple of days, the lady I spoke to knew what I was talking about, maybe getting to many calls, let me know how you get on , good luck Andrew 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.