esa

Posted , 8 users are following.

had a stoke end off june have no movement off my left arm and get tired very ouick was getting esa then had to go see their so call medical expert and she told them I am fit for work got pip but had to sign on to jsa when I am not fit enough yet have appealed against it and got letter this morn it still stands that I am fit for work all this has put me into a low depression whydo you have to go threw all this when you have paid full ni for 45 yrs totally depressed me now I have to appeal again I don't want to be sat at home but I am not fit enough for work what if I hurt some one

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ginger,  If your appeal failed then the next step is a Mandatory Reconsideration.  My son has just gone through this process & he failed his appeal so took it to MR & he passed, so he is now back on ESA.  Don't give up.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Lilmen, i think you're getting confused between the 2. Mandatory Reconsideration is the first step to an appeal and then if that fails it's the Tribunal appeal. xx

• Posted

Hi Denise,  I am confused, I did mean Tribunal.  When I typed it & re-read it I knew there was something not quite right.  lol  Thank you for sorting out my confusion.  Sadly these days I am easy confused.  rolleyes

• Posted

No worries at all Lilmen. Benefits system is enought to confuse anyone. rolleyes
  • Posted

Hi ginger,

I was told at my  esa assessment that if I could lift an empty cardboard box with one arm then I was fit for work. Good luck finding an empty cardboard box lifting job with one arm.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Ginger. Put in a Mandatory Reconsideration form. Not all work as decision mist if the time stays the same. If this happens ask do a an appeal through tribunal courts.

Please don't give up.

Denise will possibly be able to steer you in The right direction. XxX

• Posted

Hi Ginger,

Looks like you've already asked for the Mandatory reconsideration so your next step is the Tribunal appeal You have 1 month from the date of the MR to send all your paper work to the Tribunal You'll need the SSCS1 for and a copy of the MR decision letter to attch to the form. Without the MR decision letter the Tribunal will refuse your appeal, so it's important you do this.

I would advice you to appear at the Tribunal because this will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. 65% of those who appear win but it's much less for those who ask for a paper based decision.

There's no time scales for the Tribunal date but expect to have a very long wait. Some people are waiting 10+ months.

Is this your first Tribunal for ESA? if it is then once the Tribunal have accepted your appeal and send you a letter with a refierence number on it you can then go back onto assessment rate of ESA until the Tribunal make their decision. If it's not the first Tribunal then you won't be able to go back onto assment rate of ESA you'll have to remain on JSA. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.