esa

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on ESA support group from 2015 got a new assessment on Friday.How likely am i to win do they take into account my last assignment.I lost my first assessment but won it at a tribunal ?? anyone with any advice thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Unfortunately no one can possibly answer that question for you. Each ESA review is classed as a new claim and they don't take the previous claim into consideration.

Have you sent in evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for this, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. Which group are you in and do you know the reason why you're in that group?

This assessment will be exactly the same as the last one, the questions will be based on the work you can do rather than the work you can't do. Answer all those questions with as much detail as possible and try to avoid answering with just a yes or no. Take someone with you, if possible. They won't be able to answer any questions for you unless they are your appointee but they will be able to prompt you.

Don't forget that about a week after the assessment you can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with that report. Your money will continue until a decision is made. Good luck!!

• Posted

hi 

I'm in the support group,i have difficulty sitting for long periods and also have trouble with walking i think that's why i was put into the support group.As well as other things wrong with me but i think that was the main two reasons.thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.