ESA

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have just had the dreaded phone call to say that i have lost my ESA. So i am now waiting for the letter to arrive so that i can ask for a reconsideration.So i'm not very happy today.Last time i lost it i had to go to a tribunal and won it hands down.Next update is when i get that letter.I just needed to have a rant on to somebody.sad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's not good 😳

Contact your local welfare officer,they helped me without going to a tribunal.

I live in Scotland and snp are taking over 11 benefits,first one is carers allowance starting from the 10th September but yet DWP haven't informed me yet 😡 was just by chance I seen it on Google x

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Knowing the reasons why you were in the group you were in before being found fit for work will help you write the MR request letter, then you can base it on that. If you don't know what the descriptors are for that group then they are available by google searching them, links can't be posted here. Most MR decisions remain the same and there's only a 20% chance of the decision changing at this stage.

If you didn't send evidence to support your claim then i'd advise sending it with the MR request letter because they rarely contact anyone for evidence. 

Also bear in mind that if it was Income related ESA you were claiming and your area is a full universal credit area then you won't be able to claim JSA while you wait for the MR. A claim for UC will mean that you won't be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA while you wait for the Tribunal (if you get that far) 

I'd also recommend help at this stage with either your local welfare rights or any other disability advice centre near you. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi

The reasons i was in that group was i can only walk short distance and have trouble sitting for long periods of time.I put my mandatory reconsideration in on Tuesday do you know how long it take to get a reply to that.Also have new x ray taken on Tuesday so waiting for the results.Got a letter today about my (SMI) loan for my mortgage and it has stopped. Just don't know what to do now.

PS

I had 15 points 9 for how far i can walk,and 6 for how long i can sit,and in the support group and now a big fat 000.Sorry if i go on a bit thanks.

• Posted

I have lost mine as well. I'd like to rant. I never wanted this benefit in the first place and would prefer to work but the government make it difficult and it was work and low pay that made me ill in the first place. It's either that or JSA where the dole office is mile away and full of seedy drunks where they treat people like dirt. On ESA you can't move forward or save. It's ridiculous. 

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do bare in mind that if your area is a full universal credit area and it's Income Related JSA that you need to claim then you won't be able to claim this, it will have to be UC instead. If it's Contribution based JSA then it will be New style contribution based JSA that you need to claim if your area is a full UC area. 

As you most likely know already then your next step for the ESA is the MR and you have 28 days to request this from the date of the decision. If you claim UC while you wait then you won't be able to go back onto ESA while you wait for the Tribunal (if it gets that far) Very complicated, if you don't understand the system. I'd advise you to get some help with the ESA MR/Tribunal and take a look online at the WRAG and Support Group descriptors before requesting the MR. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

Just seen your other post and realised who you are, sorry. The reason your ESA has stopped is because you have savings over £16000. This means that you're not entitled to any means tested benefits like ESA, UC, housing benefit or council tax reduction. Please ignore what I stated in my previous comment to you on this thread the MR/Tribunal advice doesn't apply to you.

• Posted

Hi

The reasons i was in that group was i can only walk short distance and have trouble sitting for long periods of time.I put my mandatory reconsideration in on Tuesday do you know how long it take to get a reply to that.Also have new x ray taken on Tuesday so waiting for the results.Got a letter today about my (SMI) loan for my mortgage and it has stopped. Just don't know what to do now.

PS

I had 15 points 9 for how far i can walk,and 6 for how long i can sit,and in the support group and now a big fat 000.Sorry if i go on a bit thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.